MatrixOne v0.6.0 Release Notes
We are excited to announce MatrixOne 0.6.0 release on 2022/11/29. In this release, MatrixOne has upgraded to a disaggregated compute and storage architecture, with a cloud native HTAP engine and many new features. Cheers!
docker pull matrixorigin/matrixone:0.6.0
- Support distributed ACID transaction with a Snapshot Isolation level.
- Support TEXT, BLOB, TIME, JSON data type.
- Support multi-tenancy with account, user and role.
- Support VIEW.
- Support Java, Python, Golang connector and Mybatis, Spring JPA, SQLAlchemy ORM connection.
- Support import CSV and JSON data from local file system and cloud S3 storage.
- Implemented a MatrixOne dedicated backup tool
- Support composite primary key, unique key and auto-increment constraint.
system_metricsdatabase in the catalog to monitor instance status.
systemdatabase in the catalog to record user statements and system logs.
- Support timezone.
- Support TLS encrypted connection.
- Support pre-compilation statements PREPARE, EXECUTE, DEALLOCATE.
- Support EXPLAIN ANALYZE.
- Support UNION, UNION ALL, INTERSECT, MINUS operators.
- Support TEMPORARY TABLE.
- Support EXTERNAL TABLE.
- Support PARTITION BY.
- Add many system variables and tables to maintain MySQL compatibility.
- Add many new JSON, Datetime functions.
- 0.6.0 data format is not compatible with the previous versions.
- Transactional performance doesn't compete with mature DBMS products.
- Composite Primary Key, Unique Key and Secondary Key doesn't improve any performance. #6028
- Insert/update into select having more than 100MB data will fail in a distributed setting. #6780
- Execute load data in a loop may cause out of memory. #6793
- Data race happens in a distributed setting. #6855, #6926
- Background jobs have a low probability causing user transaction being aborted due to r-w conflict. #6049
- Insert file into BLOB type might fail. #6302
This release includes 1520 commits by 97 authors.
We appreciate your contribution! Welcome to MatrixOne community.