Security and Permissions Overview
Database security and permissions are critical to ensuring the protection and management of a database system and the data it stores. It involves a range of strategies, measures, and permission controls to ensure that only authorized users can access, modify, and operate the database. This chapter introduces the security and permission management system of the MatrixOne database.
MatrixOne database security aims to protect the database from unauthorized access, data leaks, data tampering, and other security threats. MatrixOne provides the following capabilities to ensure database security:
- Identity authentication and authentication: Enhance database security through identity identification, user authentication, roles, and password management.
- Access control: Restrict access to the database system and specific data objects only to authorized users using authentication and authorization mechanisms.
- Data transmission encryption: Encrypt data transmission to ensure that data cannot be intercepted, decrypted, and read during transmission.
- Audit and logging: Monitor database activities, record access, and operation logs to track abnormal behavior, and conduct audits.
MatrixOne database permission management manages user access and operation permissions to the database. Implementing fine-grained permission controls ensures that each user can only perform the necessary operations and restricts access to sensitive data. MatrixOne's database permission management includes the following aspects:
- User roles and permission assignments: Assign users to different roles, each with different levels of permissions. Then associate permissions with roles to simplify permission management.
- Object-level permissions: Define user access and operation permissions for specific database objects, such as tables and views, to ensure that users can only perform operations within their authorized scope.
- Permission inheritance and control: Using inheritance mechanisms, transfer role permissions to users or other roles and control the inheritance process to ensure proper permission inheritance and management.